I started my career at BBC Bristol’s Natural History Unit working in production where I learnt about researching, directing, producing and editing. These skills have been invaluable to me throughout my profession. It taught me that filmmaking is about team work and I have always been happy to be part of it. Having the wealth of talented camera people and cutting-edge technology at the NHU allowed me to improve my knowledge rapidly. I enjoyed the challenges of getting those ‘impossible’ shots. After leaving the BBC, I continued learning my skills as a camera assistant before finally becoming a cameraman. I am DBS (CRB) checked as wells having an ‘I’ visa for America.
I specialise in factual documentaries, actuality, wildlife, science, history, architectural and corporates. Whether it be presenter-led, heavily stylised, straight interviews or just following the action I am comfortable with them all. I am also highly adept at lighting design and lighting but relish the challenges that arise from working in low and available light.
I shoot on all flavours of HD, 2k, 4k and even 6K on cameras such as the Red, Arri Alexa LF, Amira, Sony A7s/FS7/F5/55/Venice, Canon C300, 500 amongst others. I am experienced at lighting design and working with a variety of fixtures from HMI’s to LEDS. Grip equipment such as sliders, mini jibs, track and dolly, gimbals, are tools available to help boost those production values.
- BAFTA – Best Live Event –Blue Planet Live 2
- Kidscreen 2020 nomination – Best mixed animated series – Yakka Dee
- Japan Prize 2020 finalist – Audiovisual Works – Yakka Dee
- BAFTA nomination – Children’s – Best Comedy – Gigglebiz S4
- BAFTA nomination – Children’s – Minibeast Adventures with Jess
- Asian Television Award – Highly Commended for Cinematography – Malaysia From Below
- Asian Television Award – Best Natural History Programme – Malaysia From Below
- Missoula Wildlife Film Festival – Best Children’s Series Award – Inside LIFE
- Emmy Nomination – Series 7 Mythbusters
- BAFTA nomination – Series 18 The Really Wild Show
- BAFTA nomination – Really Wild Show Tiger Special
- BAFTA – Photography – Wildlife on ONE Polar Bear Special